Responsible for the cultivation and care of the landscaping and grounds surrounding a business or building. Plants flowers, mows, pulls weeds, repairs structures, and maintains outside of building.
Successful candidates will undertake the relevant training which may be deemed necessary to ensure duties are carried out effectively.
- Knowledge, understanding, and application of the safety practices related to this position.
- Make repairs and alterations to building interior and exterior. Perform general day to day maintenance tasks.
- Contract & coordinate with sub-contractors to complete repairs as needed
. • Assign and oversee tasks for Building & Grounds Maintenance Assistant and office cleaning personnel.
- This position will be considered “essential personnel” and will be responsible for responding in inclement weather and coordinating all aspects of snow removal for the Duncannon location and district lots. This will include but not be limited to setting up on-call sheets, stocking snow supplies and making sure equipment is in working order.
- Perform preventive maintenance inspection and repairs under the guidelines specified under the preventive maintenance chapter of the work rules, to our building and grounds.
- Actively serve as a member of the Childs Foundation safety committee
. • Completion of all paper work and records in an accurate and timely manner.
- Professional representation of the Rohrer Companies, the bus industry, and the garage repair industry.
- Day to day cleaning & maintenance of all Childs Foundation properties; including parking lot maintenance, safety inspections, repair and alterations to buildings and grounds, inspection and repair of shop equipment.
- Respond to any releases of liquid fuels or other chemicals and assist with clean up.
- Supervise and direct the office cleaning staff and floor helper.
- Perform lawn care, parking lot maintenance.
- Clean, detail, prepare for delivery or make minor repairs to repair all parts of automotive equipment or building and grounds.
- Basic maintenance of tools and equipment needed to perform assigned tasks.
- Must be willing to participate in training classes that are given by Childs Foundation or requested by Childs Service.
- Must be willing to move into different departments to keep the company running in an efficient manner. (This may include shift changes).
Must be willing to take tests to provide management with information used for management and classification. (These tests may be written and/or oral).
- Consistent with Childs Foundation Company Policies, individuals are expected to maintain superior customer relations; be involved and committed to quality process; be willing to train and give aid to fellow employees; work in an efficient and economical manner; receive constructive criticism and praise in a business-like fashion; maintain a positive attitude.
- Must be willing to work on any piece of rolling stock, vehicle or building and grounds, owned by the Childs Foundation and any Childs Foundation Customer
. • Other duties as assigned…. JOB DESCRIPTION: BUILDING & GROUNDS MAINTENANCE LEAD REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily, as assigned. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Advanced handyman abilities.
- Must understand all principals of electricity (single and three phase), plumbing, A/C, carpentry, concrete, paint and drywall work.
- Knowledge and understanding of the proper handling of hazardous materials relating to this position. • Able to organize tasks and assign work to Maintenance Assistant and office cleaning personnel.
- Must possess knowledge of ADA requirements.
- Must have had training and have a working knowledge of EPA and OSHA rules and regulations.
- Apply knowledge of EPA and OSHA Spill Cleanup Regulations.
- Must be able to read and write and have the mental capacity to complete required paperwork and records.
- Must possess a minimum of a valid Driver’s License, with air brake and passenger endorsement, and a PA School Bus License.
- Must have at least two (2) years’ experience in the basic principles of electricity, plumbing, carpentry, concrete work.
- Must have at least two (2) years’ experience in a supervisory position
. • Basic computer skills. MINMUM ACCEPTABLE TRAINING & EXPERIENCE
- Must be knowledgeable and understanding to address and make sure maintenance tasks around the building and grounds are completed in an efficient and safe manner.
- Must be able to operate the lawn mower, snow blower, farm tractor, skid steer and any other equipment needed for maintenance tasks. WORK REQUIREMENTS
- Must be able to move, operate, lift and store specialized equipment that includes, but is not limited to, hand tools, shop machines, and power tools.
- Must be able to frequently perform lifting and carrying of vehicle components, parts, and hand tools weighing up to 50 pounds, up to waist level. Must occasionally lift vehicle components, parts, weighing up to 150 pounds, with assistance from co-workers.
- Must be able to complete tasks that may require bending, twisting, climbing, squatting, crouching and balancing.
- Must be able to frequently enter and exit vehicles with floor level generally from 13 to 66 inches off the ground.
- Must be able to spend 100% of the day standing and 60% of the day walking on surfaces such as concrete, metal and gravel.
- May spend 100% of the day exposed to heat, cold, water, dust, irritants, etc.
- May be exposed to and work with hazardous materials
. • Must have a valid driver’s license and transportation.
- Must be able to pass background checks and pre-employment drug & alcohol screening.
- Must meet or exceed medical standards of the state and the company.
WHAT WE OFFER
No information available at this time
Full-time / Part-time available
No Information available at this time
If you are interested in filling this position?
Give us a call at one of our locations